d6 group (Pty) Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting the d6 group (Pty) Ltd portal/login facility, or any of our other websites (“our site”), or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”), the responsible party is d6 group (Pty) Ltd. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, 2016/679 (“GDPR”) the data controller is d6 group (Pty) Ltd (POPI and GDPR are hereinafter referred to as the “Acts”).
Our nominated Information Officer for the purposes of the Acts is the appointed d6 group (Pty) Ltd Head of Technology.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you and/or your employer (the “School or business”):
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, participate in social media functions on our site, complete a survey, use our login facility (“Portal”) and when you report a problem with our site or Portal. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or Portal we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL); clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services/products you viewed or searched for; page response times, page errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you or the School if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide or where you have authorised us to collect information from selected third parties. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our site or the Portal. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you or the School from them.
- Google User Data. We may receive information about you from Google should you make use of any of our Google integration features. This information will be used solely to render the integration service and will not be used for any other purpose.
- Google Calendar integration
- The d6+ School Administration and Management System (d6plus.co.za) offers Google Calendar integration.
- Should the d6+ system user choose to link their Google Calendar to a calendar in the d6+ system, they will be prompted to allow the d6+ system to see, edit, share and permanently delete all the calendars that the user can access using Google Calendar on their account.
- These permissions are requested in order to facilitate the integration between the d6+ system and the users Google Calendar.
- User data collected by the d6+ system during this process will be used exclusively to facilitate the integration functionality, and will not be used for any other purpose.
- Use of information received by the d6+ system from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Reference to “consent”, “your consent” or “your explicit consent” shall include the clicking of “application” or “submit” button or “I agree” button or “I acknowledge” button on our Portal, or your use of the Portal (our Services).
- Cookies may be used by us to understand the users of our site better. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our sites more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save the user’s password so that the User does not have to re-enter it every time the user visits our site;
- You can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to access an existing account or page that requires a username or password, may not be available;
- Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers;
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to the User’s computer during a browsing session whenever the User logs onto the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally;
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you (or the School) and us and to provide you (the School) with the information, products and services that you (the School) request from us;
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you (the School) have already acquired or enquired about;
- provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you and is aligned with our product and service offerings. We will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
- ensure that content from our site or the Portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site, Portal and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site or Portal to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site (including the Portal) about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Submission of Personal Information on behalf of another: Kindly take note that if you provide information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary consent from such person before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal information we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the Personal Information as per your instructions.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2008.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisements on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for operational or archiving purposes for which the information was collected, unless retention of record is required or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have de-identified the record(s).
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we, our directors or employees participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users, wishing to discuss sensitive details or to resolve issues/concerns, to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- Our social networks page(s) may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL's. You are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL's published on social media platforms by this website. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
- We reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communication facilities (including but not limited to our site, Portal, email, SMSs etc.) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- Marketing: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or use the unsubscribe functionality on our email communications.
- Third party websites/social media sites: Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to information: You have a right to see/access your personal information that we keep about you. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee as per the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000