d6 Group (Pty) Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting the d6 Admin System Portal or any of our other websites (“our site“) or downloading our Communicator desktop and/or mobile application software, the data supplied with the software and the associated media (“Application“) and online OR electronic documents (“Documents“) generated through the Application and/or provided to you via the Application or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (the Act), the operator is d6 Group (Pty) Limited. Our nominated Information Officer for the purpose of the Act is the appointed d6 Group Head of Technology.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Reference to “consent”, “your consent” or “your explicit consent” shall include the clicking of “application” or “submit” button or “I agree” button or “I acknowledge” button on our Admin System or Application, or your use of the Admin System or Application or our Services.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communication facilities (including but not limited to our site, Application, Portal, email, SMSs etc.) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law.
Our nominated Information Officer for the purpose of the Act is Wilhelm Erich Kitshoff.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Information you give us (Submitted Information). You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, the Application or the Appstore or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Appstore, download or register and use the Application, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Application, the Services, or any of our website or other sites (including portals) we control (Sites). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site or Application we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting etc. (Device Information);
- information about your visit to our Sites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL); clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services/products you viewed or searched for; page response times, page errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of our Application or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners (i.e. schools), third party suppliers / service providers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and may receive information about you from them.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- You can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to access an existing account or page that requires a username or password, may not be available or your usage may be limited;
- Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers;
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to the User’s computer during a browsing session whenever the User logs onto the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally;
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- Submitted Information. We will use this information to:
- To register you as a user of the Application and Services and administer the Application and Sites;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, the organization and/or us;
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already acquired or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- Device information: to improve your browsing experience on the Application and our Sites and be able to improve the support we provide to you.
- Content Information: Use for analytical purposes
- Log information: Use for analytical purposes and error reporting.
- Location information: to enable us to provide you with the details of the third party service providers closest to you.
- Third Party Information: to enable us to effectively provide you with the Services made available via the Application or our Sites we do require certain of the third party service providers that interact with you to share certain of your personal information. Sharing of your personal information with third party service providers for purposes of the Application is governed by a written agreement with them, which confirms that your personal information is confidential.
- to administer our site, the Application and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site or the Application to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Kindly take note that if you provide information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary consent from such person before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal information we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the Personal Information as per your instructions.
- We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with anonymous aggregate information (de-identified personal information) about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in in a certain town). We may make use of the personal information We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ / third party service providers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Submitted Information. We will use this information to:
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with:
- The school organization you elected to receive and/or forward information to;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2008.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site or Application.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In order to enforce or apply the EULA or any other terms and conditions applicable in terms of our Sites, the Application and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches or protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property and safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your personal information with:
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party payment processing service provider will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology OR ALTERNATIVE ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGY.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer that is necessary for operational or archiving purposes for which the information was collected, unless retention of record is required or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have de-identified the record(s).
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and from our site or Application.
- Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We may collect and store personal information on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) OR ALTERNATIVE MECHANISMS and other technology.
- Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal information about yourself or any other person that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms available from our Sites or the Application are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage you, wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s web addresses. You are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by Our Service Sites. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- Any unlawful use of a social media platform or breach of such social media platform terms and conditions may result in termination of your account or any other appropriate legal action.
- INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
- YOUR RIGHTS
- Marketing: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or use the unsubscribe functionality on our email communications.
- Third party websites/social media sites: Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to information: You have a right to see/access your personal information that we keep about you. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee as per the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (click here to access). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact Us immediately on [email protected].